GFWC MOUNTAIN PINE WOMAN'S CLUB
established 1984 - Parker, Colorado
The only requirement for membership is an active interest in the betterment of community and the payment of annual dues.
Dues are $50, and paid annually in May (no later than the September general meeting). Those who join after October pay a prorated amount. Dues cover the basic operating expenses of the club.
- Arts and Culture: The GFWC Arts and Culture Community Service Program encourages members to promote and support art and cultural programs in their clubs and communities, and to expand understanding on every level, from local and regional to national and international.
- Civic Engagement and Outreach: This Community Service Program highlights and encourages citizenship; crime prevention, safety, and disaster preparedness; the needy, hungry, and homeless; and our military personnel and veterans.
- Education and Libraries: Projects in the Education and Libraries Community Service Program are designed to foster schools, as well as other educational institutions and opportunities. These projects promote libraries, literacy, and the love of a good book.
- Environment: The GFWC Environment Community Service Program encourages us to become stewards of the earth by working to preserve the world’s resources, protect wildlife and domesticated animals, live sustainably, and beautify our communities and enjoy nature.
- Health and Wellness: To improve our well being, we must address three key components: nutrition, disease prevention, and physical and emotional care. This Community Service Program aims to explore the various opportunities for awareness and advancement of each of these vital areas.
SERVICE PROJECTS SPONSORED AND SUPPORTED BY MPWC INCLUDE:
*College and GED scholarships for local high school seniors
*Douglas/Elbert Counties Task Force
*Arising Hope (domestic violence shelter)
*Quilts of Valor
*Parker Fieldhouse Athletic Scholarships
*Shot at Life (Global Immunization Program)
*Minnie L. Harding Educational Fund
Click here for membership application.